Kidney disease can affect your body’s ability to clean your blood, filter extra water out of your blood, and help control your blood pressure.
Kidneys are organs responsible for filtering extra water and wastes out of your blood. When one suffers from kidney disease it means the kidneys are damaged not being able to filter blood. Hence, waste products and fluid can build up in your body resulting into health issues which can be serious and life-threatening.
Damage to kidneys is known as Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) which is almost permanent. Your kidney can still function with minor damage but if it gets worse or untreated for long then CKD leads to End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) which, the last stage of kidney disease, refers to complete kidney failure and requires immediate treatment.
When your kidneys are damaged, waste products and fluid can build up in your body. That can show symptoms such as:
• swelling in ankles
• poor sleep
• shortness of breath
Without treatment, the damage can get worse, and your kidneys may eventually stop working.
That’s serious, and it can be life-threatening.
CAUSES OF KIDNEY DISEASE
Conditions that causes kidney disease include:
• High blood pressure
• Heart and blood vessel (cardiovascular) disease
• Family history of kidney disease
• Abnormal kidney structure
• Older age
• Suppressed Immune System
KIDNEY DISEASE DIAGNOSES
For kidney disease diagnosis, you may need specific tests such as:
• A blood test to check how well your kidneys are filtering your blood, this process called glomerular filtration rate.
• A urine test to check for the presence of albumin or other proteins. Albumin is a protein that can pass into the pee when the kidneys are damaged.
• An imaging tests. A doctor may use ultrasound to assess your kidneys' structure and size.
HHD doctors will use these tests to help monitor if you have kidney disease and make sure home hemodialysis treatment plan will work correctly for you.
Avail an immediately kidney disease diagnosis with HHD. Get in touch with our experts, offering home hemodialysis and kidney diseases diagnosis to patients across UAE, KSA and other regions